Nirvana

Nirvana

Monday, June 12, 2017

Best TIME of the YEAR! (After Christmas. And Easter. And Well...It's a Great Time of the Year!!!!!

The contest. I want to talk about the contest and how excited I am about the entries. We got one that included a real live bee! Not the cute little chenille ones covered in black and yellow glitter at the five-and-dime but a flying buzzy bee. So precious. Fern says we have so many entries we are going to have to do random choices. Don't tell her I agree but it would be hard to pick just one for each category as the winner. So many beautiful bouquets!!!! 

But I also want to talk about the 4th! Of JULY!!! One of my favorite holidays. I love cozying up to a strong hunk-a-lunk of a man and squealing at the fireworks. Well, I don't really care for the fellas that squeal, I prefer to be the squealer! Oh, fireworks!  Exploding lights and booms and colors! They get better every year. Have you seen the ones that make huge floating hearts? Squeeeee! 

The other best thing about the 4th is the fair we attend. Well, it's not really a fair. More of a friendly contest between talented adults. Some more talented than others, of course, who shall all remain nameless for various and obvious reasons. I enter (and win) the creative pie contest. Almost every single year. Last year was a fluke and I'll swear as I have been that Miriam somehow cheated. But I have been warned by Fern not to mention that allegation again. Ever. So I didn't just say that. 

The best thing, the thing that will take away all my sad feelings about Miriam and her cheating pie is that this year will be my first in the Doggie-Dress-Up event! I am going to sparkle and glitter the stuffing right out of my little Fifi princess. I intend to make her a corset and a train as well as tiny little paw covers. All in red, white and blue and all dazzling!!!!!! I've been working on the designs for a week and as soon as this contest is over I'll be sewing, glueing and bedazzling like nobody's business. 

Now. Join the contest in the last few days so I can move on. Feel free to include little furry friends in the bouquet pictures. Those are my favorite!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment