Ooooh, Fern just reminded me about this blog. Sweet Heavens! I got so caught up in slicing and dicing and baking and making, and decorating and Christmas carols.
1) Fifi's nails. I've been painting them a different glitter every day with matching bows to coordinate with my outfits. I scored an after Christmas bargain doggie nail kit, can you believe it? And I bought a few to last the year, actually, they may last a lot longer than that, doggie nails aren't very big. Fifi is so proud. She just prances. Fern says her "prancing" is just her arthritic gait. Oh, I've also been giving Fern lots of raspberries this holiday season, and I don't mean the ones that grow on bushes.
2) Last book giveaway of the year. Over here. One of the authors did an interview, too. Blah. Blah. Blah.
3) Pinterest. Oh my. See my opening comment above. So many things I must try.
4) Can I just say I'll be glad to say goodbye to 2016. Just a weird year. I'll carry my battle scar with me but hope to never again experience anything like what went down in Paradise this year.
Happy New Year! Hope your Christmas was grand. Eat all the leftover goodies ASAP, celery stalks and broth season is right around the corner.
Monday, December 12, 2016
Pinterest Worthy Doggie Duds
The other day my sweet niece Kathryn explained to me what Pinterest really is. I didn’t get annoyed once even though I have been on Pinterest and throwing around phrases that I didn't even understand. I thought Pinterest had something to do with bulletin boards and fails and pallets—which didn't interest me very much. Though the fails that people post are kind of funny and I think of Fern and get the giggles which completely taxes all my self-control and certain muscles.
But hot-diggity-dang if my ears didn’t perk up when Kathryn mentioned my Fifi costumes were worthy of an entire board . . . and I could share them with other puppy lovers everywhere.
So, Pinterest or not, I thought today I’d share my doggarific design skills for creating everyday ensembles your pooch will prance proud in.
The Vivacious Velvet Vet Sweater
No poor pup wants to visit the veterinarian so why not perk up poochy’s day and yours? It’s as easy as:
- Snip a swath of velvet to fit around your doggy’s torso. Personally, I like scarlet.
- Glue on sequined buttons to one edge and sew a few corresponding button holes on the other. Use gilt thread. Gold brightens everyone’s day.
- Perk up the rest with dots of glitter glue to catch the sunlight.
Fuzzy Muzzle Woolsy Warmer
Keep your darlin’ as smoldering as one of your hot flashes. Here’s how:
- Swipe some Smart Wool socks out of your sister-in-law’s dresser. If you don’t have a cranky sister-in-law, spend a few moments kicking up your heels, then go raid another relative’s dresser.
- Cut the socks into strips and whip out a pair of the largest knitting needles you can find. Mine are electric green and when I get my groove on and the light hits just right, it looks like a neon disco ball flashing little dots all over the room.
- Knit a circular tube the length of your dog’s snout—not too long though or the poor thing won’t be able to breath.
- Tassles are optional.
- So is fringe.
Monday, December 5, 2016
The book says hello. That cup of coffee looks delicious as well. Italian coffee. Oh my!
Maybe I'm inspired, too. I think I'm going to whip up some Tiramisu Cookies to drown the last bit of jealousy away!